Volunteering at Bramcote SC
Volunteers are vital to the running of Bramcote Swimming Club and we welcome anyone who feels they can contribute to the ongoing running and success of the club. If you are curious about positions you could help with, then we would love to hear from you. It’s a great opportunity to get to know other club members and become part of a really successful team.
The more volunteers we have the better the club is and it gives us more options to help our swimmers develop their swimming careers and more importantly to appreciate the joy of taking part in a healthy sport. We also welcome volunteers who would like to progress their teaching or coaching with us and in return for your time as a volunteer we can assist with funding for training to help you develop your qualifications and knowledge.
Swimmers are also able to volunteer for various roles from the age of 14. For more information swimmers should speak with their coach in the first instance.
Club volunteer positions essentially fall into four categories
- Ad hoc Team Manager and Timekeeper/Official roles who help out at swimming galas/competitions where your child is competing. These roles are essential to meet the licensing criteria for competitions – full training is provided.
- Ad hoc volunteer positions to help competitions run smoothly for which no training is required, e.g. Competition stewards, runners.
- Regular poolside helpers/coaches to help existing coaches during your child’s training sessions.
- Governance roles like Vice Chair or Volunteer Co-ordinator which may require approximately two hours a week commitment.
For an all-round overview of what volunteering at a swimming club can be like and what roles might be available there is a dedicated part of the Swim England website - Volunteers in Aquatic Sports. You can find information on specific roles on this page https://www.swimming.org/careers/club-volunteer-roles/.
We are always recruiting for Team Managers, Officials and Poolside Helpers but in addition have these specific Governance roles which currently need new post holders and are essential to the safe and successful running of the club.
- Club Deputy Chair
- Assistant SwimMark Co-ordinator
- Club Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Workforce Co-ordinator
- Lifeguard Rota Manager
There is also an opportunity each year for you to be nominated to join the BSC Executive Committee if you wish. In this capacity you can really contribute to the effective running and development of the Club.
If you would like to get involved in a voluntary capacity please contact the club secretary via the contact us page.